2015 AGM and 2016 Season
Please find below important information in relation to the 2015 AGM and Season 2016.
Annual General Meeting
Teviot Downs Soccer Club Inc’s Annual General Meeting (AGM) will be held on Thursday 17th of December at 7.00pm. We encourage as many people as possible to attend the AGM. This is a very important meeting and it is your opportunity to hear about the achievements of the previous season and seek information about the forthcoming year. All members are encouraged to attend the AGM.
Details of the AGM are as follows:
Date: Thursday 17th December 2015
Time: 7.00 PM
Place: Teviot Downs Soccer Club, Argyle Road
At this time the Management Committee will step down and a new committee for the 2016 season will be elected.
Nominations for 2016 Management Committee
The executive positions of President, Vice-President and Treasurer and three committee positions, Secretary, Registrar and Operational position will be elected at the AGM. We are now seeking nominations for these positions and encourage all members to consider nominating for one of these important roles within Teviot Downs Soccer Club.
If you wish to nominate for a position on the 2016 Management Committee, please arrange for the attached Management Committee Nomination Form to be completed and returned to the Secretary of the Teviot Downs Soccer Club by no later than Thursday 03rd December 2015. Completed forms should be addressed to The Secretary, P O BOX 1164, Park Ridge QLD 4125 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A number of committee members may not be returning to the 2016 Management Committee, including the position of Treasurer. The Treasurer role is vital within the club and this position must be filled as the club can’t operate without a Treasurer. If you have financial management skills and feel you would like to add value to our great club, I urge you to consider applying for this position.
We encourage you to put your hand up and join our friendly and dedicated committee members who all volunteer their time to enable hundreds of kids to enjoy their weekend football.
It is important to note that joining the committee does not mean you will have to spend your life at the club; however, you should note that there will be some time to be spent at the club for committee meetings and shared time between committee members on training and game days.
If you are interested in finding out more about any of the positions or joining the committee, please feel free to contact either me or any one of the other current committee members (contact details on the website).
Club Volunteers for 2016:
The 2015 season is now behind us and we are now full speed ahead with our preparations for 2016. There are many exciting challenges facing us in the season ahead. One of the major tasks faced by the committee every year is attracting people to the numerous volunteer roles that are so critical to the successful management of the club, this will be more vital in 2016 as we are expecting further growth. There are people who have already been assisting with these roles last season. The committee requires those people who wish to continue in these positions for the 2016 season to advise them with an expression of interest letter to the committee.
Expressions of interest are currently being called for the following non-committee roles for the 2016 season.
- Marketing & Sponsorship Manager: We are looking for a dynamic person who has experience in the marketing industry or in a corporate environment to come on board and undertake the role of our marketing and sponsorship manager. This is a vital role for the club would be a rewarding position for someone who is looking to become involved in assisting the club increase its profile within the community as well as generate revenue. This role could generally be managed from home (with the exception of meetings etc). Success in this role would see significant benefit for the club with potential increase sponsorship revenue.
- Website & information Technology coordinator: We need someone with good IT skills to assist with the maintenance of our website so we can increase the flow of information to our membership. This role would need about 5-hours per week, particularly whilst establishing our website.
- Newsletter Editor: We are looking for someone to take the burden off of our club Secretary to take over the role of the club newsletter editor. This role would be a maximum of 6-8 hours per month coordinating our club newsletter and getting it ready for printing. Good computer & word processing skills would be a benefit in this role.
- Small Sided Coaches, Assistant Coaches and Managers (U6-U11)
Based on the current membership we will require sufficient volunteers for approximately 20 teams. We will be embarking on an even stronger coach education program next year and more opportunities will exist for members to undertake coaching courses. We will also be developing a mentoring system for new coaches in 2016.
- Divisional Coaches, Assistant Coaches and Managers (U12 –Youth, Adult): Based on the current membership we will need people for approximately 7 teams. We will also looking at the possibility of needing coaches/managers for girl’s teams in 2016.
- Age Representatives (SSF and Divisional): We require one person per group SSG and Divisional, to undertake to role of an age-coordinator. This role will be the first point of contact in each group and will report directly to the management committee.
- Operation Sub-Committee: We are keen to establish a group of approximately 25-30 people who are available to assist the management committee with undertaking one rostered shift of about 2-4 hours (on a rotational basis – every 2-3 weekends) assisting in
- the canteen
- as ground officials
- match day coordinators
- coaching or skill session coordinator, for coaches and players.
This is an excellent way to get involved in the club and meet more club members without having to commit a management committee role.
- Maintenance Officer: We are looking for a small team of people who can assist our committee with minor maintenance jobs/repairs around the club over the course of the season. So if you have a trade background and can spare a few hours a week we would love to hear form you.
- Grounds-person: We are looking for a volunteer or two to assist with grounds maintenance. This would involve a few hours a week looking after line-marking, mowing and general ground maintenance (i.e. trimming edges etc).
If you are interested in undertaking any of these rewarding roles please forward your expression of interest by email to Melissa Tucker.
0427 579 910